Thursday, January 17, 2008

1 sock on, 1 sock off

I can't go to Ross without taking a stroll down the shoe aisle. It calls to me. So after doing the necessary shopping in the other departments and after two trips to the restroom with my two boys we made our way to the shoes. I start in the size 8 aisle and never leave without checking the 7 1/2 and 9 aisles. Then I think I should check all the aisles since I've noticed that alot of shoes end up on the wrong aisle and I might find my size anywhere. Then I find a pair that I really like but not in my size so I scour the aisles once again in search of THAT pair in my size hoping to get lucky. Today I had success and came away with two pairs of shoes. Hooray! The reason for this story is to give you an idea of my thought process and to make the following story seem less crazy. Today I wore tennis shoes so I had to take off the sock and shoe on my left foot to try new ones on. I tossed the sock in the cart and kept the shoe on the ground so I could slip my foot in, between pairs. I continued in this manner, up and down the aisles as stated in the above story. Caleb noticed what I was doing and asked where my sock was. "In the cart." I said. He looked and said "No, it's not."
"Well, maybe I put it in my purse."
"Nope. Where is it?" he insisted.
I stopped my search for shoes and began to look for the sock. I couldn't find it.
"Uh oh," I said "Brother must have thrown it out of the cart."
We then went through the aisles once again, this time with our attention on the floor but came up empty handed. I have no idea what happened to that sock but I left Ross with my bare foot loosely tucked into my sweaty, unlaced tennis shoe.

Minus one sock but up two pairs of shoes. Very worth it. =)

No comments: